Monday, December 4, 2006

Foodie..Foodie..Foodie!!!

Let's talk about my favourite topic, and that is............ FOOD!!!!

After Snowy left for home, Mom brought the 2 of us down, to the newly opened petshop just 3 blocks away. Initially, she wanted to purchase choke chains and treats, but the items there were so limited. I was sniffing around the shop, THEN a scent attracted me, my favourite MILK flavoured rawhide was within reach, but SILLY Mom keep pulling me away from it, totally ignoring my interest in wanting one. She says it's not healthy, but I think otherwise. Then i went sniffing at some stuffed artificial bones, she gave me the same look + reply and dragged me off the shelf before I could pick the nearest one up! *HUMPF*

In the end, she bought a nail clipper and some raw dehydrated food, she thinks it's the next best thing to the real raw food. This is how it looks like.


And this is how it looked like after adding supplements [Nupro and Solid Gold Seameal] and water.

Sigh, this thing is tasty, but the amount suggested to be fed is a lil too less, but I heard Mom's gonna stock up beef cubes to be added to it. *Jumps with joy*

Mom loves trying out new and healthy food for us. In my opinion, all kinds of food is good for me! So long as it taste nice! In HER opinion, she thinks that BARF [Bones and Raw Food] is best, but due to her LAZINESS (Ahem! TIGHT SCHEDULE) we had to compromise for something of lower grade like KIBBLES. But during our kibbles days, Mom often whip up nice and delicious HomeCookedFood [HCF], let me share some pictures with you dogs out there.

This is LAMB CHOP with scrambled eggs and baby carrots.
We also had Salmon Potatoe ball with Nupro supplement as topping! Haha.

Most of the time, Mom prefers cooking pasta. As you can see, there's Salmon, Eggs, Macaroni, Cottage cheese, Carrots and duck LIVER, finished off with a teaspoonful of Apple Cidar Vinegar. That's what I call a fulfilling hearty meal![The 3rd bowl belongs to Bonzo]

At times when Mom's LAZY to cook for us, and yet could walk 20mins to the outdoor MacDonald's to have breakfast, she would order scrambled eggs for each of us. Here's me gobbling up the scrambled eggs.

Oh ya, Mom's thinking of setting up a pet cafe, and she's pleading me to ask for opinions here, what you dogs think?





8 comments:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

We have a dog bakery, but no dog cafes.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Sundae said...

Mom doesn't really know how to bake, and it doesnt help when there's no oven @ home. *sulks* Else i'm sure Mom would get her hands working every weekends.

There are like less than 10 doggy on sirte cafes/bakeries in SG? but sad to say, I've been only to 1 so far. :P

there are loads on online bakeries here, but so far, Mom thinks only 1 tastes and looks good.

Boo Boo said...

Hi Sundae,

Hmm .... I order for me to help you mum to set up the pet cafe, she has to let me try her food.

And when Food is concern, you can trust me ... I am a FOODY GOODY DOGGY :D

Sunshade said...

Hey Sundae,

My mum said good for your mom!!! I eat BARF too (ok, not that barf ok?)!!

That food your mama made looks sooooo yummy and why did you say she was lazy??? YOu know my buddy Boo (the Shih Tzu) and Jaffe/Kaylie (JRT), they both eat BARF too. I wonder why your mama thinks BARF is more work?

Have you heard of Innova EVO?? It is very popular here in North American for people who would like to feed raw but don't have the time. It is high protein, low carb, and NO grains. If you can get Solid Gold and Nupro, I'm sure you can get Innova EVO. Mum buys the EVO canned food and bakes them for me as treats and we try to do as much grain free as possible.

I did a post on BARF if you are interested:

http://sunshadethesuperdale.blogspot.com/2006/06/my-diet-barf-diet.html

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Sundae said...

Hi Boo boo, Mom says you can come over on weekends to play and eat with us if you like. :D

Miss Sundshade, Mom thinks that repacking, freezing and thawing the food before feeding is a hassle, especially on days when she's really busy. And my silly lil brother takes 30mins to finish his meal because he doesnt know how to handle even R&Bs like drumsticks.

I've eaten Innova Evo, it's a good grade kibbles, but sadl, my lil brother is allergic to chicken, so we made a switch to Solid Gold Barking @ the Moon, similar to Evo, but even after 2 months, we're still passing out soft poo.

So we had a change of food again. HAhas, now we're having the Dehydrated Raw Food, raw minced beef will be added once Mom gets her bum off the chair she's stuck to daily.

You mean we can actually bake canned food? Sounds yummy!

Sundae said...

Whoa, Miss Sunshade, you certainly have nice food over there. Mom usually buy whole Duck or necks/wings, beef/mutton cubes for our daily meals in the past.

And a small lamb shank just enough for a small dog like me can cost up to SGD$4per day. How I wish i can sink my teeth into those turkey and lamb neck.

Btw, how does your mom clean you up after meals? Mom doesnt like us smelling like raw food. Hahas

Sunshade said...

Hey Sundae,

First of all, mum doesn't clean me up, she doesn't like me smelling like raw meat either, so I help her by wiping my face all over the sides of her bed, and my bed. I am such a good dogter, now I just wonder why she is *constantly* changing bed sheets??

Oh, I'm not sure if you know this, but Innova Evo has a all red meat formula out now. It's been out for a while since there are dogs like you who are allergic to poultry meats. It's the same silvery bag, but with red letters and linings I think.

Mum tried Barking at the Moon on the Bouvier that stayed with us that she showed. His poop was a lot bigger, stinkier, and yes softer as compared to Innova. So after finishing one bag, she changed him back to Innova. She was just trying and she loved the green sparkling bag from Barking at the Moon. It has a JRT on it doen't it?

Oh yes, the baked canned food is even more smellier, yummier. Plus Innova EVO makes different canned meats, like rabbit, venison, beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, and their original mixed formula.

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

Sundae said...

Ahh... You're making me drool... too bad Mom doesnt have an oven.

As for Innova Evo, we only have the chicken+turkey formula here. Sigh.

Mom's thinking of setting up an area with playpen for us to sleep in @ night, as she thinks that dust and fur is affecting her complexion, if i do clean up like how u did, i'll definitely get chased out of the room. Haha.

Life over at your side seems real good, with parks, beach and wild animals to chase.